Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hi Internet! Long time... did you miss me?!!?!

No, seriously... Did you miss me? If you didn't, that would make me very sad. Ok, enough pitying (for now). Actually, I'm the one that feels kinda sad because it has been over a year since the last time I blogged and frankly, I miss it.

If my absence of blogging wasn't proof enough, the tenure track is hard, time consuming, and at times, very frustrating. I started this blog after I accepted the tenure track position at SnowU and then kept up with posting during my first year. Year Two, I basically fell off a cliff in terms of work load and I'm only now beginning to climb back on to level footing. I still have bitten off more than I can chew and still cannot say "no", but I do feel like blogging gives me a form of release that I missed during Year Two.

Year Three has started and it's been a hectic start to say the least. I've decided to teach my undergraduate lab class and my graduate class during same semester. This gives me an overload on teaching now but will hopefully give me more time during the spring semester to get more real research done. Also, last year at our Faculty Roast, GEARS was outed in a very public (albeit funny) forum. I didn't really expect that no one would be able to find out who I actually was, although apparently most of the students were twitter-stalking me without following me for at least a year so I wouldn't know that they knew. (Hi Students!) I'll have to be a little more cagey about what I say but that's not a big deal.

I'll share some more details and recap Year Two in the coming weeks.


1 comment:

  1. Tsk, tsk. Anonymous posting doesn't really provide any real security. There's a rather famous blogger from my grad department...but it became apparent that everyone knew who it was. I suspect that person regrets some of the things they said publically now. :-)

    Glad you're back, though!

    ReplyDelete