Thursday, June 7, 2012

ZOMG! I CAN HAZ MONEY!

It seems like I've been waiting a billion years but I can finally say:

I CAN HAZ MONEY!

After sifting through double-digit numbers of rejections this year, one of my smaller grants has come through on a project that I think is really promising, both academically and commercially. I even have new shining account numbers to put people and supplies on which is even better. It's not a huge amount, but it is enough to help me get inertia on a project which can hopefully lead to future funding.

This makes me feel really good because I was down in the dumps, thinking that I wasn't going to get a grant this year. I know it sounds crazy because I've had good teaching and academic service reviews, and my research review said I was on the right track. But in my eyes, that would all be for naught if I didn't get a grant this year. 

Anywho, I'm off to the lab to see the sweet smell of progress!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! And now we do the dance of joy!

    http://youtu.be/GfPg5LjGYz8

    (I know...probably before your time. But this is what I think of whenever someone has happy news...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Yes, good news all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today will henceforth be known as the day of funding epicsauce. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot!!! Late to the party, but it's never too late for congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete